This is a great dinner roll recipe as you can prepare it a head of time. Then make out the rolls let rise and bake in time for dinner. I use this recipe a lot for that reason.This recipe comes from my Better Homes and Gardens 1953 cookbook.
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 3 cups sifted flour
- add 1 beaten egg
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1 package dry yeast
- add 1/4 cup shortening
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- Soften dry yeast in warm water (110 degrees).
- Combine milk, shortening,sugar,and salt.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add yeast; Mix well.
- Blend in egg.
- Add flour flour and mix until dough is well blended.
- (I use mixer with dough hook) Place in greased bowl,turning once to grease surface.
- Store Dough in refrigerator at least 2 hours or untill needed.Cover with plastic wrap.
- Shape dough on well floured surface.
- Let rise in warm place until light,about1&1/2 hours.
- Bake in hot oven 400 degrees 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe Reviews 1 reviews