These are chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chips. They are flavored with orange juice; I just love the taste combo of chocolate and orange! To stay on the healthy side of things, they only use 3 T. oil for fat. And besides...we NEED the bioflavanoids in chocolate, right? Er, uh, or whatever those health people said.
- add 1 tablespoon vinegar
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 3 tablespoons oil
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 1/4 cup cocoa
- add 1/2 cup orange juice
- add 1/3 cup water
- add 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
- add 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 1/2 cups flour
- Combine dry ingredients.Make a well in the middle.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients, including the 1/3 cup water.
- Put wet mixture in the well of dry ingredients.Stir just until moistened.Fold in chips.Use a light hand; a heavy hand leads to heavy cupcakes.
- Use cupcake liners for muffin pans. Fill about 2/3 full with batter.Any empty muffin holders should be filled half full with water.Do not just put under the sink to do this.Put water in a something with a lip, like a liquid measuring cup, and use that.(Yes, I learned this the hard way.).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.Leaving on the liners, remove from pans immediately.Cool on racks.
- Number of muffins really depends on how full you fill your tins.
- Sprinkle tops with confection's sugar, if desired.