Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"A delicious and easy appetizer. The balsamic vinegar gives it a little bite. Dried basil can be substituted but it is best with fresh."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 French baguette
- add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- add 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup olive oil
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- add 3 cloves minced garlic
- add 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- add 1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.