If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- add 4 1/2 cups chopped onions
- add 2 1/4 cups dry Sherry
- add 1 1/4 cups dried apricots (about 6 ounces), chopped
- add 1 3/4 cups dried Mission figs (about 91/2 ounces), chopped
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- add 2 cups chopped celery
- add 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- add 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt broth
- add 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- add 1 1/4 cups dried tart cherries (about 6 ounces)
- add 9 cups 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces French bread cubes without crust (from about 12 ounces bread)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery to skillet; sauté until vegetables are tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Add Sherry, figs, cherries, apricots, sage, thyme and rosemary; cook until fruit is tender and liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 7 minutes. Add to bread cubes; stir to blend. (Stuffing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Add stock to stuffing; season with salt and pepper. Mix in beaten eggs.
- Transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until top begins to crisp, about 25 minutes longer.