Nice light biscuits, very good with chicken or any stew. From Cooking Light.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup chilled butter
- add 1 tablespoon baking powder
- add 1 teaspoon sugar
- add 1 cup skim milk (or 1 or 2 %)
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- The dough for these biscuits is dropped into muffin tins instead of onto a baking sheet, but their final shape is still like that of traditional drop biscuits.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, level with a knife.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl, cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk, stir just until moist.
- Spoon batter in 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan immediately, place on a wire rack.
- Store any leftover biscuits in a zip loc plastic bag.
- To reheat in oven, wrap in foil.