This crab dip is so flavorful and easy to prepare. It can be made ahead of time and baked later. It is good served either hot or cold with peppered toasted French bread. This wonderful recipe was found on a beautiful website: www.finedinings.com
- add coarsely ground cracked peppercorns
- add butter
- add 3 ounces cream cheese
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 2 tablespoons sour cream
- add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 5 ounces fresh dungeness crabmeat
- add 1 loaf French bread
- add 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (adjust to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Slice the French bread very thinly into 1/4-inch slices, cut each slice into two pieces, place on a baking sheet and brush each slice with melted butter; add the cracked pepper, pressing to adhere; place under the broiler for approximately 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted; Turn each slice over and toast the other side for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted; Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a rack.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, crab, Parmesan, cayenne and salt; mix well; Lightly butter two 4 oz. (1/2 cup) ramekins, fill each ramekin with the crab mixture (This can be done ahead of time, covered and refrigerated until ready to bake).
- When ready to serve, bake for approximately 20 - 22 minutes until top is bubbly and starting to turn brown; Place on a plate with a pate knife and the toasted bread and serve.
- Makes approximately 1 cup.