Our youth group used to make these at fun raising yard sales. I am posting this recipe for family groups and one for large groups. Just like you get at the fair!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 1/3 cups milk
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add oil (for frying)
- add powdered sugar
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 2/3 cups flour
- Beat eggs, add milk and beat again.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- add egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Heat oil to 400 degree.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a funnel.
- let batter drizzle into hot oil starting at the center and expanding in a circular motion, crosscrossing with the last bit of batter.
- brown on both sides.
- drain on paper towels.
- sprinkle with powdwered sugar.