Nice way to do ham steaks or if you are cooking a whole ham use the whiskey sauce with raisins to pour over the sliced ham, either way MMMMMMMMmm
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 ham steaks (about 6 oz each)
- add 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- add 3/4 cup water
- add 4 tablespoons onions
- add 2 ounces whiskey
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- If there is any fat around the edges of the steaks cut into the edge or remove the fat.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter& brush both sides of the ham with it.
- Grill both sides of the ham steaks in a skillet for about 8 minutes each side (the time depends on the thickness of the steak).
- Meanwhile prepare the whiskey sauce in a saucepan.
- Add the onions to the saucepan with a 1 tbs butter and saute until translucent, use medium heat.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and whisk in the flour, graduallyy adding the water.
- Add brown sugar return to heat and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat& simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add whiskey just before using it, season to taste with salt& pepper.
- Pour over the hot ham steaks and serve.
- You can add raisins to this suce if youwish.