From the Texas Beef Council posted for the Greek portion of the Zaar World Tour.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- add 3 tablespoons onions
- add 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- add 4 plum tomatoes
- add 8 small pita pocket bread, cut in half, warmed (4-inch diameter)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 1/3 cup cucumbers
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- In small bowl, combine Yogurt Sauce ingredients, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef and seasoning ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Divide beef mixture into 16 equal portionsand shape into patties 2 inches in diameter.
- Place patties on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- To serve, place equal amounts of beef and tomato in each pita half; top with yogurt sauce.