As I am in the middle of dieting with low carb I get so missing chocolate. There are different chocolates that are dark that will hit the button of rich for me. But I made these to take to a family baby shower and they are sooo good and rich I wanted to share with online friends. No they are not low carb but yes, they are a wonderful treat. Enjoy
- add 1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese
- add 3 cups powdered sugar
- add 12 (1 ounce) squares Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted - or 1/ 12oz pkg of chocolate chips (buy good quality)
- add 1 tsp coffee(fresh from the coffee maker)
- add 1 tsp vanilla
- add Suggested coatings, unsweetened cocoa, powdered sugar, colored sugar, small chocolate sprinkles and/or Coconut.
- add ( I always use cocoa for the coatings it makes it so yummy it gives it the look of truffles from the ground)
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl or food processor with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Melt the chocolate over hot water bath and then remove from heat and add the flavors. Add melted chocolate, coffee and vanilla to the sugar mix and mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in cocoa, powdered sugar, minced nuts or coconut. Store in refrigerator.