I got the recipe idea from a Paula Deen show. Yummy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 Cup Grits
- add 1 1/4 Cup milk
- add 1/2 tsp. salt or more to taste
- add 1/4 tsp. pepper
- add 1/2 Cup grated cheese
- add 2 sliced scallions
- add Optional: bacon pieces, mushrooms, or anything else you'd like.
- Bring milk to a boil, add grits and stir. Add salt and pepper and turn to low. Cover and cook 7 minutes for Quick cooking grits or up to 30 minutes for regular grits.
- Check to see if you may need more liquid. I like mine creamy.
- Remove lid, stir in cheese. Let sit a few minutes until cheese melts.
- To serve: top with scallions and any other additions you like.