Very tasty enchiladas and a great way to use up three-quarters of a pound of chicken or half-used can of black beans. My husband, who is quite vocal about his disdain of chicken, gets real quiet and goes back for seconds whenever I make these!
- add 1/4 cup salsa (we like it medium-hot)
- add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- add cumin
- add vegetable oil (for softening tortillas)
- add 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- add coarse-grind garlic salt
- add 2 1/4 cups grated monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend or Mexican blend cheese
- add 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (Hatch Select)
- add 12-14 corn tortillas
- add 3/4-1 lb chicken breasts
- In frypan, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done; season with garlic salt and cumin to taste; add salsa, black beans, and half the cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
- Heat oil in small frying pan; soften tortillas, one at a time, by placing in hot oil for a few seconds on each side; drain tortillas on absorbent paper.
- Divide chicken mixture between tortillas; roll tortillas tightly and place seam-side-down in a 9x13" baking pan that has been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over top; top with remaining cheese; bake at 350° for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.