This is fresh-tasting and easy to make. I enjoy it much better than take-out.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup bean sprouts
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 2 cups cut up cooked chickens
- add 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- add chow mein noodles
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- add hot, cooked rice
- add 1 package fresh celery
- add 1 (7 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- add 1/4 cup soy sauce
- add 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- In a large pot, saute celery in oil for apx 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add bean sprouts (if using), mushrooms, water chestnuts, and chicken.
- In a large bowl, blend cornstarch with water.
- When smooth, add chicken broth and soy sauce to bowl.
- Mix well and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice and chow mein noodles.