My mother-in-law gave me this recipe years ago and it is the one I make the most. Super easy. Halve the recipe to cover one bag of prepared slaw vegetables. Prep time does not include chill time.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 cups shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrot, onion, bell pepper, etc.)
- add 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- add 1 cup mayonnaise (low fat works well too)
- add 2 teaspoons black pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons sugar (I've also used Splenda here)
- add 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing in a non-reactive (non-metal) bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Toss with slaw vegetables of choice.
- Refrigerate at least four hours.
- Toss well before serving.