We love this at our house! Adjust all amounts to taste.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup finely chopped cilantro
- add 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (or more)
- add 2 1/2 cups refried beans or black beans
- add 1 large tomato
- add 150 g tortilla chips (or more if desired)
- add 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- add 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with HALF of each cheeses over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle chiles over cheese.
- Top with dollops of refried beans, then gently spread the beans over the cheese and chiles (reserve any extra beans for another use).
- Sprinkle with HALF of the remaining cheeses.
- Top with tomatoes and cilantro.
- Then top with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until cheeses are hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.