Makes a perfect snack.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4-8 scallions
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1 pinch salt
- add 1 lb lean ground beef
- add 4-6 fresh jalapenos or pickled jalapeno peppers, sliced (optional)
- add 5-6 cloves garlic
- add 1 (12 ounce) bag yellow corn tortilla chips
- add 1-2 ripe avocado
- add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- add 1 1/2 cups salsa (optional)
- add 1 lb cheddar cheese
- add 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried beans
- add 1-2 ripe tomato
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning or seasoning salt
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- add 1 clove garlic
- Brown beef in a large skillet with the 5-6 cloves garlic, adobo/seasoned salt, cumin, and cayenne, breaking up any lumps.
- Continue to cook until beef is cooked through and drain any accumulated fat.
- Heat refried beans, stirring until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- Peel and deseed avocado, and mash with a fork in a bowl along with the extra clove of garlic, lemon juice, and salt to taste (double garlic and lemon juice if using 2 avocados).
- Scatter chips in pretty much a single layer on a micro-wave safe plate.
- Dot with small spoonfuls of refried beans and sprinkle with shredded cheese and seasoned cooked beef.
- Microwave up to 1 minute or until cheese melts (you can also heat beans and cheese on chips in a moderate oven, but will have to transfer them back to the plate).
- Add dollops of avocado (guacamole) and sour cream, then sprinkle with chopped scallions, chopped tomatoes and sliced jalapenos.
- Add some salsa to the top if you desire.
- Serve warm.