This is MY recipe and method for preparing hot wings for a party! Prep and clean up is a breeze! I always get RAVE reviews!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- add 12 ounces Frank's red hot sauce
- add 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- add 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- add 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- add 5 lbs chicken wings
- add celery ribs (optional)
- add ranch dressing (optional)
- I buy IQF - individually quick frozen- chicken wings that come in a bag and have already been separated into two sections and tips removed.
- DO NOT THAW chicken.
- Rinse chicken in a large strainer to remove any ice crystals.
- Pat dry with some paper towels. They do not have to be perfectly dry- just get most of the water off.
- Place wings in a large disposable foil roasting pan that has been sprayed or oiled well and season with cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Bake at 375°F until browned -about 30-40 minutes, using tongs flip each wing piece so that the browned side is down. Bake another 30 minutes or until chicken is browned and crispy all over.
- Sauce: In microwave safe bowl, combine hot sauce, butter, vinegar and more garlic powder if desired.
- Heat for about 2 minutes of until butter is melted and sauce is hot.
- To Serve: Depending on the formailty of your party- lol- if you are having hot wings it isnt too formal is it- you can serve directly from the foil pan OR place wings on a platter.
- I like my wings to stay crispy after they are drenched in the sauce SO I serve them with the sauce on the side and allow guests to place the wings in a bowl and add sauce as desired. Some have them swimming and others- like me- dip each wing just before it is eaten. The crispiest!