This is so easy to do and it is fail proof! The filling is as good as your imagination, try different combinations. Blue cheese adds some zest. I usually make my filling and keep it warm in the oven while I cook the omelette. I often use 3 tbsp whipped cottage cheese instead of the sour cream. I think my favorite omelette is filled with cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper, crumbled bacon and mushrooms - I fry the mushrooms and jalapeno for just a minute or two and I add the ceddar to the omelette in the last minute of cooking
- add bacon (optional)
- add salt & pepper
- add sausage (optional)
- add salsa (optional)
- add shrimp (optional)
- add 2 tablespoons flour
- add 1/4 cup milk
- add cheddar cheese (optional)
- add mushrooms (optional)
- add 2 eggs
- add tomatoes (optional)
- add hot peppers (optional)
- add parmesan cheese (optional)
- add stir fry mixed peppers (optional)
- add 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Whip the milk and flour together.
- Add sour cream or whipped cottage cheese.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Keep in fridge until ready to cook.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat (5-6 on electric stove).
- Spray skillet with lite olive oil or other veggie spray.
- Pour in egg mixture. You do not have lift the egg mixture to let the uncooked run under it will cook perfectly just by leaving it to cook.
- Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes (you do not have to flip it) or until it has risen and isfirm on top.
- Meanwhile have your filling ready and warm.
- Place omelette on a warmed plateput filling on it, flip half over and enjoy or place filling on half the omelete in the pan, flip half over and slide onto a warmed plate.