This is a recipe that I made for my father sense he is on a low carb diet. I served this with green beans and a big salad. This recipe is just what any low carb dieter needs!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- add 1 package dried au jus mix
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- add 1 egg
- add 1/4 cup onions
- add salt and black pepper
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 can cambells cream of mushroom soup
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, garlic, onion, 1 tablespoon Aus Jus sauce mix, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and cumin.
- Meanwhile, preheat a medium sized skillet.
- Form the meat into 4 oval patties and place into the hot pan.
- Sear both sides of the patties without cooking them the whole way through and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F In a small bowl, mix together the cambells soup, milk, and almost the rest of the Au Jus sauce mix.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of a 9"-13" pan.
- Place the salisbury steaks in the pan and top with the rest of the sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice, pasta, or green beans for low carb diet.