I like to try new things. I'm sure someone somewhere has done this before, but I picked it up myself. It is easy and it can feed a bunch of people or myself for a week.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 16 ounces salsa (any kind you like)
- add 6-8 wheat flour tortillas
- add broccoli, cauliflower & peppers (as much as you want if you like)
- add 16 ounces cottage cheese (I perfer non-fat)
- add 1/4 cup milk (I prefer vanilla soy milk)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- add 10-12 eggs
- Beat the 10- 12 eggs with the milk and vanilla together.
- Place about 4 oz of salsa on a hot pan (on the stove).
- I do not use any butter (you can, but I do not think it is neded).
- When the salsa starts boiling somewhat pour about 1/4 of the egg mixture on it.
- I then add a bunch of veggies and start mixing it all together.
- Once it gets solidified (not very wet) put the cottage cheese on top.
- After the cottage cheese gets warm (40 seconds) start mixing it all together for about another 2 or 3 minutes.
- It might still be a little wet, so feel free to do it a little longer.
- This should fill about 2 or 3 wheat tortillas.
- If you are using an electric stove I like to brown my tortillas by fliping the them back and forth over the stove.
- It gives a great flavor.
- Fill and wrap tortillas with the eggs and repeat.
- If you are feeding a family, great!
- I make them and freeze them for my breakfast for the entire week.