A nice change of pace, and convenient on those days that I might have forgotten to thaw out the meat that I had planned to cook (again!). Something that my vegetarian stepdaughter will eat and yet at the same time, my husband doesn't feel like he's being punished for her dietary habits!
- add 2 onions
- add 8 hard-boiled eggs
- add 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- add 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 2 teaspoons garam masala
- add 1 teaspoon turmeric
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- add 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- In a small bowl or coffee cup, mix the coriander, turmeric, chilipowder, cumin and salt.
- In a large frying pan, saute the onion, garlic and ginger in the oil until the onion softens.
- Add the spice mix to the onion mix, coating all the vegetables.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes and water.
- Allow to gently simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered, till the sauce begins to thicken.
- Gently stir in the eggs and the garam masala.
- Allow the eggs to heat through, and serve immediately.