I know it sounds a bit strange but you can make a halwa out of eggs. That too with minimal ingredients and loads of patience.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Eggs 12
- add * Ghee 1/2 kilo
- add * Sugar 1/2 kilo
- add * Khoya/Condensed milk 100 gm
- add * Elaichi 8-10
- add * Almonds, Pistachio and Cashewnuts 1/2 cup finely chopped.
- * Break all the eggs in a measuring jug. Note the mesurement. Empty it in a thick base saucepan.
- * Measure equal amount of melted (not hot but at room temperature) ghee and add it to the eggs.
- * Measure equal amount of sugar and add it to the ghee n egg mixture.
- * Blend it with a blender so that everything turns into a smooth liquids.
- * Put this liquid on low heat and keep stirring from the minute you put it on the stove.
- * After around 30 minutes, minute balls of egg will be formed in the liquid and it will turn a bit dark.
- * Add khoya/condensed milk and elaichi powder, again keep stirring.
- * After another 20 minutes, it will turn into a thickish paste with ghee separating from the mixture.
- * Add this mixture into a big tray and it will level itself cleanly. Sprinkle the chooped nuts over the mixture.
- * Drain excess ghee into a pan and can be reused.
- * Cut the halwa into pieces of your choice.
- * Enjoy the egg halwa before/after/during meals.
- * I like to warm it a bit before eating.