Egg in the Basket
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- Cut a circle in the middle of a piece of bread.
- If you don't have a round cookie cutter, the top of a glass will work.
- Heat a skillet or griddle sprayed with Pam or Mazola.
- Place the bread in the pan.
- Put about 1/2 t butter in the hole in the bread.
- Heat the butter until very hot.
- Crack an egg in the hole.
- Use a spatula to move the white around so it gets done.
- When the egg is fairly well set, turn the bread and egg over to cook the other side, being careful not to break the yolk.
- In the meantime, toast the holes from the bread for dipping in the yolk.
- Oh, and salt and pepper as desired.
- I guess you could toast the bread before you put it in the pan, but I've never tried it that way.