Easy to make. I have had this recipe for over 20 years and no longer remember where I originally received it. Cooking time is approximate total cooking time for all 16 egg rolls.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 large egg, lightly beaten (set aside a small amount for sealing)
- add 2 cups flour
- add 1/2 cup very cold water
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine ingredients to make a dough.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 16 pieces.
- Roll into 6 inch squares.
- (Dough should be very thin).
- Stack rolled squares separately with wax paper between each one.
- Keep covered so they will not dry out while making the entire recipe of wrappers.
- Fill by making a line of your favorite filling about 1/2 from top and side edges.
- Fold in each side over filling.
- Brush on a small amount of saved egg along remaining side edges and the bottom edge.
- Roll from the top to the bottom and press lightly so it will seal.
- Fry at 350 degrees until golden brown.