I couldn't reallly find an egg roll recipe on here that i liked, maybe i didn't search hard enough. But I've been tinkering with different ingredients and this is what i like! Not too chock full of veggies like the one's at the restaraunts!
- add 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- add 1 egg
- add 1 teaspoon water
- add 1 lb egg roll wraps
- add 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- add 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- add 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- add 1 lb ground pork
- add 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- add 1 tablespoon minced garlic (I also add 1 TB of the garlic and ginger stirfry sauce)
- add 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- add 6 green onions
- add 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- Brown pork with sesame oil, when no longer pink, add ginger and garlic.
- Add veggies, soy sauce, sherry, and oyster sauce.Cook until sprouts are translucent or kind of see through.Set aside to cool.
- When cool put 2 Tb filling on 1 egg roll wrapper. Add water to beaten egg, this is for brushing the edge of the wrapper so it will stick/stay closed.
- Face wrapper with corner facing you, so that it looks like a diamond. Fold corner over filling, tuck in sides and roll up. Brush the top of the wrapper, the one with folded corner up, with egg mixture so will stay closed. Should only take one swipe.
- Heat deep fryer with oil. You can try a skillet with about 1-2 cups of oil. Fry at once, or put in Ziplock bags and freeze, these are actually better to fry frozen, as they retain their filling better.
- Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minute Careful, they burn easily!