A great appetizer created for RSC#7. If you have never tried eggplant before this recipe will win you over! This makes a huge batch, so feel free to half it if you are not feeding a large crowd. Or can also freeze the extras to have on hand for another day.
- add 4 cups crushed tomatoes
- add 4 garlic cloves
- add 1 (120 g) can tuna in water
- add 1/4 cup sugar
- add 1 cup green beans
- add 1 pinch cinnamon
- add 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 1 pinch cloves
- add 1 cup green peppers
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 1 large onion
- add 2 cups eggplant
- add 1/2 cup oil
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat until mixture bgins to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour into freezer containers or canning jars leaving an inch headspace.
- Cool completely, label, and freeze.
- Defrost overnight before serving.
- Serve this on your favourite crackers or on toasted french bread slices.
- Makes a great gift!