Very elegant dish for a brunch or luncheon. I've had this recipe so long I can't remember where I got it, but it's quick and good. The sauce can be used for many dishes, and poured over asparagus it's delicious.
- add 1 dash cayenne pepper
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 3 egg yolks
- add 2 whole eggs
- add 1 English muffin
- add 2 slices ham
- For the Blender Hollandaise, place 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and dash of cayenne into the blender.
- Cover, quickly pulse on and off.
- Heat 1/2 cup butter until melted and bubbling.
- Turn blender onto high speed and slowly pour the butter into the egg mixture.
- Blend until thick and fluffy (about 30 seconds); it makes approximately 2/3 cup of sauce.
- For each serving, toast 1/2 of an English muffin.
- Place a thin slice of oven-broiled ham on each half.
- Top each muffin half with a soft poached egg.
- Pour sauce over the eggs and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately.