This is from Emeril Lagasse's new book, Prime Time Emeril
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup bourbon
- add 1 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee
- add 1/8 teaspoon salt
- add 2 large eggs
- add 1 teaspoon baking soda
- add 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- add 1 3/4 cups sugar
- add 1/2 lb unsalted butter
- add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- add 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 275 °F.
- Grease a Bundt pan with 2 teaspoons of the butter, then lightly dust with the cocoa.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt into a bowl, and set aside.
- Warm the bourbon and coffee in the top of a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl set over a pan of simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and remaining butter and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Cool slightly.
- Using a whisk or an electric mixer, stir the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, into the chocolate.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, whisking to mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- (The cake will be slightly soft in the middle.) Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.