This is so easy, so delicious, and did I mention easy? Mom and I had been toying with the enchilada recipes I've found here on Zaar that sparked our interest. I had been browsing the back of can labels (always on the lookout for recipes to try) and the "Acapulco" jumped out at me. I came home, made some adjustments to my old recipe, and this is what it turned out to be...a culinary vacation to Acapulco.
- add 2-3 tablespoons old el paso taco seasoning mix
- add 1/4 cup sour cream
- add 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- add 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (canned chicken is fine)
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- add 1 (19 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (check the ethnic aisle for some really killer sauce, two small ones will work fine)
- add 8 large flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a med. bowl, combine the chicken soup, 1 cup cheese, 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce, the sour cream, and the taco seasoning (more or less of this to taste).
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan and spoon enough sauce from the can to cover the bottom with a thin layer.
- Heat each tortilla in the microwave until soft enough to fold easily.Fill each tortilla and roll burrito-style.Place in the pan.
- Pour all the remaining sauce on the top and sprinkle with the remaining one cup of cheese.Place in the oven to melt the cheese for approximately 20-30 minute.