Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
Now here is a recipe that you will never get tiered of... full of antioxidant & lowers bad Cholesterol (LDL).. It is a wonderful dish for winter & fall.. it is our family favorite.. once you try this dish you get hooked on the taste..some of my friends refer to it as purple chicken or Persian mole....
- add 11/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (thigh,) also could be used
- add 2 cups of finely chopped, almost as creamy as peanut butter( use blender for very fine powdery walnut) .
- add 1 cup pomegranate syrup( you find in most Asian store)
- add 1/2 cup%100 Orange juice or pineapple juice
- add 1/2 cup concord %100 grape juice
- add sugar to taste (use only if the pomegranate syrup is to tart)
- add or & use 4 small blocks of dark chocolate.
- add 3 cups of Basmati rice .prepare according direction.
- in a med pot cook the chicken on med low heat for 15 min.. add the orange juice cook for 5 min. add the grape juice cook for 5 min.add the very finely powdered walnut to the put stir well & cook for 5 min.then add the pomegranate syrup to the pot & stir.. make sure the gravy is formed well if it need more liquid add water or more juice.
- if you like it more sour add orange juice & if you like the taste to more sweet add more grape juice..
- the consistency should feel like a very heavy good stew
- & not to watery & not to dry..
- cover the pot over low heat & let it simmer..
- the content of pot turns slowly into brownish purple stew l .. at this time the wonderful aroma will form..
- it is at this time that you should turn the stove off ..& let it sit for 15 min before serving.
- direction to cook fluffy best basmati rice
- pour the 4 cup of rice in large bowl of cold water.. rinse the rice couple ot time ..this could be done a right before or morning of the cooking of your Fesenjoon.
- at this time get a big pot... fill with water... bring the water to boil.. add salt to taste to water, add the rice into boiling water... bring the water back to boil as son as you see the rice has come to surface & that takes about 3min.. drain the rice into calender..
- pure some cold water over the rice.
- for best tahe-deegh ( crispy rice).. pour olive oil in a non stick pot add a dash of saffron,turmeric& paprika & some water to the mix ,then put all the rice in the pot. cover the pot .over the med heat.. for 10 min.. & as soon as the steam starts to come out of the put ,cover the lead with couple of sheet of paper towel.. let cook for another 30 min over low heat .
- at this time the Fesenjoon is ready & your fluffy basmati rice is ready to be served...