This roast is low in fat and turns out moist and delicious.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- add 1 cup dry white wine
- add 3 lbs eye of round roast (trimmed of all fat)
- add pepper
- add 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pepper roast and brown on all sides in 1 t olive oil.
- Remove roast and place in aluminum foil in roasting dish.
- Add onion soup mix and 1 cup white wine to skillet with roast dripping and bring to boil.Scrape up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Seal roast completely in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2.5-3 hours.
- Remove, open packet and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with gravy.