If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add <b>Soufflés</b><br> 4 cups whole milk<br> 1 medium onion, chopped<br> 4 garlic cloves, sliced<br> 2 bay leaves<br> 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt<br> 1 cup instant grits<br> 2 tablespoons butter<br> 5 large eggs, separated<br><br><b>Tomatoes
- For soufflés:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously butter eight 1-cup soufflé dishes or custard cups. Combine first 4 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring just to simmer; remove from heat and let steep 10 minutes. Strain; return milk to pan. Add salt; bring to boil. Gradually stir in grits and cook over medium heat until mixture is thick and grits are tender, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Mix in butter. Season with black pepper. Stir in egg yolks. Cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into grits in 2 additions. Divide mixture among prepared dishes. Place dishes in large roasting pan. Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of dishes.
- Bake soufflés until tops are puffed and beginning to brown and center is set, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare tomatoes:
- Combine tomatoes and oil in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Invert each warm soufflé into shallow bowl. Spoon tomatoes atop soufflés. Top with shaved goat cheese and serve immediately.