Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"Field editor Karen Ann Bland of Gove, Kansas writes, 'Despite our last name, we like spicy flavorful foods like this hearty potpie seasoned with zesty green chilies and cheese.'"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- add 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- add 2 green onions, sliced
- add 1 small onion, finely chopped
- add 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- add 3/4 cup cold water
- add 1 cup sour cream
- add 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- add 3 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- add 1/2 cup cold butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times or until smooth.
- Set aside a third of the dough. Roll remaining dough into a 15-in. x 11-in. x rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine turkey, cheese, soup, sour cream, onion, chilies and green onions. Spoon into crust. Roll out reserved dough; make a lattice crust. Place over filling; trim and flute edges. Bake at 400 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.