Yet another recipe from Canadian Magazine, Chatelaine. What's great about their recipes is they are triple tested and always tasty. Great to dress up grilled chicken, steak, fish or burgers. Recipe is easily doubled.
- add 1 jalapeno pepper or 1 teaspoon chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- add 1/2 yellow pepper
- add 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil or chopped fresh coriander or fresh cilantro
- add 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon bottled chopped garlic or 1 clove garlic, minced (I use minced garlic)
- add 1 green onion
- add 1/2 firm ripe mango
- Peel mango.
- Slice fruit from stone in long thick pieces, then chop into smaller bite sized pieces.
- Chop pepper into similar-size pieces.
- Slice tomatoes into 2 or 3 rounds.
- Core and seed jalapeno, then mince.
- Thinly slice onion diagonally.
- Place all in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and lime juice.
- Stir in garlic, salt and basil, coriander or cilantro until evenly mixed.
- Salsa will keep well for several hours covered in the fridge.