If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
- add 12 large navel oranges
- add 12 medium beets, trimmed 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- add 1 cup olive oil 6 fennel bulbs, trimmed (fronds reserved), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- add 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 1 1/2 cups halved pitted Kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap beets in foil. Place on baking sheet. Roast beets until tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool. Peel beets; cut into rounds.
- Mix orange peel, mustard and fennel seeds in bowl. Whisk in vinegar. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Beets and dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill. Bring dressing to room temperature before using.)
- Place fennel slices in bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Cut oranges into rounds. Alternate beets and oranges along edge of platters, overlapping. Spoon fennel slices into center; sprinkle with olives. Drizzle remaining dressing over beets and oranges. Chop fronds; sprinkle over salad.