Recipe from Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies. This is such a tasty appetizer. My dear husband made it for me and it was "to die for"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add nonstick cooking spray
- add 1/3 cup fresh basil
- add 4 ounces feta cheese
- add 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- add salt & freshly ground black pepper
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 8 slices French bread
- add 2 plum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Brush bread with oil.
- Rub soft side with garlic.
- Arrange bread in one layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 500F until bread is lightly toasted, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, and feta cheese.
- Divide mixture and spoon onto each slice of toasted bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.