National Fettuccine Alfredo Day: February 7
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- add fresh ground black pepper
- add freshly grated parmesan cheese
- add 2 cups heavy cream
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is being prepared, melt butter in large skillet; add cream, salt and pepper.Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes uncovered to reduce and thicken sauce.
- Remove from heat and add cooked fettuccini and 1 cup Parmigiana Reggiano.Toss to combine and serve immediately with an extra sprinkling of Paremesan cheese over the top, if desired.
- NOTE:The success of this dish depends entirely on the use of fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Feel free to add any vegetables or meat to this basic recipe.Delish!
Recipe Reviews 2 reviews