Filet Mignon is one of my favorite foods! This is just heavenly!!!!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup beef broth
- add 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 lb total)
- add 3 tablespoons cognac or brandy
- add 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- add 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- add 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- add 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Trim fat from steaks.Place steaks in shallow dish.Pour 2 tablespoons of the cognac over steaks.Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes, turning once.Drain steaks, discarding cognac in dish.Sprinkle steaks with pepper.
- Place steaks on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals.Grill for 11-15 minutes for medium-rare or 14-18 minutes for medium, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for sauce:In small saucepan, cook mushrooms and shallot in hot butter for 3 - 4 minutes or until tender.Stir in beef broth and remaning cognac.Bring to boiling; reduce heat.Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes.In small bowl, stir together half-and-half, mustard, and flour.Stir into broth mixture.Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.Cook and stir for 1 minute more.Serve sauce over steaks.