easy enough , yet elegant
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon thyme
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 cup beef broth
- add 1/2 cup madeira wine
- add 1/2 cup heavy cream
- add 4 filet mignon
- add 1/2 chopped onion
- add 2 cloves chopped garlic
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 3/4 lb sliced mushrooms
- in skillet heat 2 tbsp butter with oil.
- add mushrooms, garlic and onions, cook until lightly browned, remove, season with thyme,, salt, pepper.
- add the rest of the butter and oil to skillet, brown fillets about 5 minutes per side for medium rare, remove.
- add madeira to pan, reduce by half.
- add broth and reduce, add cream and stir to thicken.
- add mushrooms back to pan, add filets to warm through.