If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- add 1/4 cup beef broth
- add 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- add Active time: 18 min. Start to finish: 18 min.1 (7-oz.) filet mignon (2 inches thick)
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons Cognac
- Halve filet crosswise and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil over moderate heat in a small heavy skillet until hot but not smoking, then cook filets 2 to 3 minutes on each side for rare. Let stand on a cutting board, tented loosely with foil, 5 minutes.
- While filets are standing, deglaze skillet with Cognac over moderate heat, scraping up brown bits. Add broth and water and boil until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard, butter, any meat juices from cutting board, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice filets and serve with sauce.