If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 3/4 cup sour cream
- add 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- add 6 oz dried egg noodles
- add 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- add 4 (1 1/4-inch-thick) beef tenderloin steaks (filets mignons)
- add 1/4 cup brandy
- add 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- add 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- add Special equipment: an adjustable-blade slicer
- add 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise
- add 1/2 lb sliced white mushrooms
- Cook noodles in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until just tender. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice onion using slicer. Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- While oil heats, pat steaks dry. Sprinkle
- 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on steaks, then add to skillet and sauté, turning over once with tongs, about
- 6 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate with tongs.
- Add onion, garlic, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to oil in skillet and sauté, scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon, until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until liquid given off by mushrooms is evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Add brandy and boil until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add broth and Worcestershire sauce, then cover and cook until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Toss noodles with some of sauce and serve remaining sauce over steaks.