what a wonderful meal that is so easy to prepare. i love this served with new potatoes and a salad.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 1/2 cup heavy cream
- add 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- add 1 lb baby spinach
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/4 cup brandy
- add 1 tablespoon tarragon
- add 1/2 cup white wine
- add 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- add 1 cup beef broth
- add 1/4 cup shallots
- heat oil in saucepan, add shallots and cook for 3 minutes.
- add stock, wine and brandy, reduce until thickened, 5 minutes.
- add cream, reduce until 3/4 c, set sauce aside melt butter in skillet, add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- add spinach, cook until wilted, tossing, about 2 minutes, set aside in another skillet heat oil, add tenderloins and cook until med rare, about 5 mins per side (i like mine cooked longer).
- divide spinach between 4 plates, top each with a filet.
- add sauce back to pan, stir in mustard and tarragon, add salt& pepper to taste, pour over steaks.