The above menu with coordination with F&B Manager of Dar Al Tawhid intercontinental Makkah Khaled ElGammal
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Ingredients:
- add FOR THE TARTAR SAUCE
- add 1/2 cup of whole egg mayonnaise
- add 1/4 Spanish onion, dliced
- add 15 capers
- add 6 cornichons or small gherkins, diced
- add FOR THE TEMPURA-BATTERED FISH
- add Filets of halibut for 2
- add 1/2 cup of flour
- add 1/2 cup of tapioca flour
- add 3/4 cup of cold water
- add 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- add FOR THE BURGERS
- add A handful of mixed lettuce
- add 2-4 hamburger buns
- Pre-heat the grill.
- First prepare the tartar sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, cornichons, onion and capers. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place them on a paper towel to dry.
- Heat the oil on a high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Place the potato slices into the oil and fry for about a minute or until golden brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Make sure that you remove all of the chips from the oil before cooking the fish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder and water with a fork. Add the fish filets and coat well. Gently lower the fish into the oil and fry about 3-4 minutes or until the batter is golden. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, pop your buns in the oven and lightly toast them for a minute or so.
- Assemble the hamburgers, by spreading on a layer of tartar sauce, followed by mixed lettuce, a fish filet, a bit more sauce and then the bun top. Enjoy!