If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add <b>For cucumber tomato water</b><br> 1 (1/2-lb) cucumber, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 cups)<br> 1 (1/4-lb) tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)<br> 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (preferably Madras)<br> 1/4 teaspoon salt<p><b>For tomato herb salad</b><br> 1 lemon
- Make cucumber tomato water:
- Purée cucumber, tomato, curry powder, and salt in a blender until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Line a fine-mesh sieve with a dampened paper towel and set over a large glass measure, then transfer cucumber mixture to sieve and let drain until liquid measures 2/3 cup, about 20 minutes.
- If liquid measures less than 2/3 cup, gently squeeze paper towel over sieve until liquid totals 2/3 cup. Discard solids and transfer liquid to a 2- to 3-quart saucepan.
- Boil cucumber tomato water until reduced to about 1/3 cup, then remove from heat and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Make tomato herb salad:
- Cut peel, including all white pith, from lemon with a sharp paring knife. Working over a bowl, cut segments free from membranes, letting segments fall into bowl, then chop segments, reserving juice in a cup.
- Gently toss lemon segments and reserved juice with remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in cooled cucumber tomato water.
- Bake fish:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 500°F.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Brush fillets all over with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake fillets in 1 layer in a lightly oiled shallow baking pan until just cooked through, 4 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness of fillets.
- Serve tomato herb salad on top of fish.