from todays NY Times, spicy and perfect with a nice cold beer.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups chicken stock
- add 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- add 1 1/3 lbs sea bass or gray sole fillets
- add 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- add 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- add 1 teaspoon vietnamese fish sauce
- add 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- add 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- add 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- add 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- add 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat oven to 175 degrees. Place chicken stock in a wok or skillet, and bring to a simmer. Cut fish into pieces about 3 inches square, place in stock, and simmer until just cooked, about 5 minutes. Use spatula to transfer to heatproof platter, cover loosely with foil, and place in oven. Drain and strain stock, and reserve. Wipe out pan.
- Heat peanut oil in pan. Add garlic, ginger and scallions. Sauté briefly, and add mushrooms. Sauté until wilted. Add soy sauce, vinegar and fish sauce. Cook 30 seconds, then add reserved stock. Bring to a simmer. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons cold water, and add, stirring. Simmer until sauce has thickened. Add sesame oil.
- Transfer fish to serving dish, spoon mushroom sauce over, scatter with cilantro, and serve.