If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add a 3/4-pound piece well-trimmed boneless pork loin<B>For sauce</B>
- add 1 cup snow-pea shoots or daikon (Asian radish) sprouts
- add a 3/4-pound piece green cabbage (about 1/2 medium head)
- add 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts (about 2 cups)
- add 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- add 3 garlic cloves
- add 1/4 cup mango chutney such as Major Grey's
- add 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oilAccompaniment: <a href="/recipes/recipe_views/views/14488">Cooked Rice</a>
- add 4 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- add 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- add 1/4 cup packed coriander leaves
- add 1/4 cup soy sauce
- add 2/3 cup water
- add 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- add 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (Indonesian chili paste)1 medium red onion
- Freeze pork, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, 30 minutes, to facilitate slicing. Cut pork crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick slices and season with salt and pepper.
- Make sauce:
- Mince garlic and in a small bowl stir together with remaining sauce ingredients until combined.
- Halve onion lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Diagonally cut beans into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Core cabbage and cut into 1-inch pieces. Chop coriander.
- Heat a wok or large heavy skillet over high heat until a bead of water dropped on cooking surface evaporates immediately. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil, swirling wok or skillet to coat evenly, and heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion and stir-fry until slightly softened. Add beans and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to wok or skillet and stir-fry cabbage until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add bean sprouts and stir-fry until sprouts are slightly wilted, about 30 seconds. Transfer cabbage mixture to bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to wok or skillet and heat until just smoking. Stir-fry half of pork, separating slices, until browned and transfer to bowl. Add remaining tablespoon peanut oil and stir-fry remaining pork, transferring to bowl.
- Add sauce to wok or skillet and bring to a boil, stirring. Return pork-vegetable mixture to wok or skillet and stir-fry until heated through. Stir in coriander, snow-pea shoots or daikon sprouts, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve stir-fry over rice.