From an old Southern Living Magazine.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 slices white bread
- add 8 ounces cream cheese
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 3 tablespoons margarine
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 4 large eggs
- add 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- add 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- add 1 cup water
- Sprinkle sugar in a 9" cake round and place on stove top medium heat.
- Shake pan occasionally until sugar melts and turns a golden brown.
- Cool (it may crack slightly as it cools) Combine condensed milk and next 7 ingredients in an electric blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place pan in a larger pan and add hot water around it to the depth of 1".
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 55 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from the center.
- Remove cakepan from water and cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- Loosen edges with a spatula and invert flan onto a serving platter.