Servs: 10 Prep: Cook:
"Deep fried dumplings with seasoned ground beef. This is a favorite in Germany. Our family is German and my grandfather taught me how to me it! Recipe sounds odd. Take a chance. I guarantee your family will love it!"
- add 1 quart oil for deep frying
- add 2 cups milk
- add 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 6 cups all-purpose flour
- add 8 ounces extra lean ground beef
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 3 eggs
- add 1 small onion, diced
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, salt and pepper until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Pour in the eggs and milk, and stir until well blended using a sturdy spoon. Form the dough into 2 inch balls, and roll out into circles 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface.
- Form the beef into golf ball sized balls, and place each one onto one half of a dough circle. Fold the other halves of the circles over to enclose the dough. Seal the edges using a saucer or pressing with your fingers.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C), or over medium-high heat in a large deep skillet. Fry the Keuchle until golden brown, turning once. It should take about 10 minutes total for each batch.