This is a light, creamy dessert that is lots of fun! Prep/time does not include the time it takes to bake the cake, since that may vary according to the pans you use. Do I need to tell you that you should buy a new flower pot just for this dessert? For fun, garnish with gummy worms and serve with a plastic spade. Note: RZ is refusing to understand "artificial flowers" in the ingredient list- and keeps changing it to edible fresh flowers... but you want fake ones!
- add 2 (4 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- add 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- add gummy worms
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- add 1 (12 ounce) package Cool Whip
- add 1 plastic flower pot
- add 1 bunch artificial fresh edible flowers
- add 1 1/4 cups water
- add 4 cups cold milk
- add 3 eggs
- add 4 tablespoons margarine
- add 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- add 1 (14 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- Empty cake mix into a large bowl.Mix in water, oil and eggs.Bake according to package directions.You will have leftover cake --I usually make mine into muffins and freeze what I dont use.
- Empty pudding mix into another bowl.Add milk and beat, according to package directions. Let thicken in fridge.
- Grind cookies in blender or food processor until you have very fine crumbs that resemble dirt.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and maragrine together.Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold cream cheese micture into thickened pudding.
- Get your flower pot (mine is about 9" tall) and line the bottom with small square of aluminum foil if the pot has drainage holes.
- Layer ingredients into the flower pot in the following order-.
- Cookie crumbs first.Top with crumbled (or small cubes) chocolate cake.Then pudding mixture.Lastly, Cool Whip.
- Repeat layering 3 to 4 times.Top off entire pot with 1" of cookie crumbs.
- Chill until set.
- Garnish with flowers.Add gummy worms if you wish.Serve with spade.