Perhaps the best fondue recipe I have ever found - simple, easy, and the correct cheeses. As with any fondue, never drink water with the meal. If that is not sufficient warning, imagine that cheese forming into a large ball in your stomach. (Preferable to drink white wine)
- add 1 garlic clove
- add 1 pinch pepper
- add 250 g Appenzeller cheese (or any other Swiss Cheese)
- add 250 g beaufort cheese
- add bread
- add 2 glasses white wine (Sylvaner, Riesling, or Savoie)
- add 1 pinch nutmeg
- add 250 g emmenthaler cheese
- add 250 g comte cheese
- Crush garlic in saucepan and rub on sides of the pan.
- Pour in the white wine.
- Add the cut up pieces of cheese.
- Stir mixture over medium heat until melted.
- Add pepper and nutmeg.